Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Airborne Unicorn and the Great for Work Style!

Ok, a few things about me:
  1. I'm a Substitute Teacher, with the hopes of one day becoming a full blown teacher! w00t!
  2. I love high impact color cosmetics, and try to blend them in to everyday wear, especially when I go to school and work, even though I'm a terrible beginner!
  3. I like making lists!
So when I purchased some lipsticks from Lime Crime Makeup, I got to thinking, could I get away with these colors at school? The answer? YES, well only for one, the others were too bright to blend into the normal workday. Not only that, but I have purchased many of Lime Crime's Magic Eye Dusts, and even then, it was hard for me to blend that bright color pallet into my dull, dreary, and colorless school wardrobe. I then started to experiment. I looked at all the colors that are "allowed" in a teacher's makeup kit, aside from beiges, taupes, and browns, I figured I could use coppers, terracotta, and golds into my wardrobe, as well as peachy oranges. I then experimented and the results are as follows:
~Ignore the coloration, bad camera
and lighting

Eyes:
First take Lime Crime's Magic Dust in Diva (which is a nice coppery pigment) and dust it from the inner corner of your eye to the middle with a small brush (I used MAC 239). Then take Dragon Scales Magic Dust (which is this nice, terrecotta color, that applies red with green glitter) and dust it from the outer corner to the middle, and place a little bit into the crease (I used the MAC 219 Pencil Brush to outline the edges of the eye, and the 239 to fill in. I also used the 219 to blend into the crease). Now BLEND the two colors in the middle with a swirling motion, and continue to blend into the crease. I then follow the same patter on the lower lid with 219 again, connecting the two colors to the upper lid for a fluid look and blend in the middle. I then take my NYC eyeliner in Sable (always use brown for daytime looks, its softer and more work appropriate than Black!), and line my upper and lower lids with a thin line, not too thick or it gets too dark (Note! I prefer Using Wet n'Wild's eyeliner in Mink Brown as it applies smoother and darker than NYC personally. But it was the only brown eyeliner I have! >.< style="font-weight: bold;">Face:
I use MAC's Select Cover-Up concealer first, then I apply my CoverGirl trueblend whipped foundation in Buff Beig (level 2). After wards, I apply L'oreal True Match powder in Natural Beige W$ (its a bit darker than my natural skin tone, but it smooths to a natural color once its applied). Then I use the True Match Blush in Barely Blushing W4 for a natural face.


Lips:
I used Lime Crime Makeup's Candyfuture lipstick Airborne Unicorn which is supposed to be this nice creamy purple color and lined my lips with concealer to pop out the color. The color is bold, and applies smoothly from the tube, and it even smells good (though my boyfriend hates the smell and thinks cookies are being made!). I know that due to its high pigmentation, the color does stain your lips, which I do not have a problem with as I used to do stage work and many of my lippies stained my lips, to some people that is a downer. My one notation though, is that on fair skinned women (I tried it on my friend Holly who is fair with red hair) it does come out a nice creamy purple, on me, it either comes out neon purple (under florescent lighting), or a nice pink with purple tint (In natural or Incandescent Lighting). Now when I first put it on, I was really disappointed in the fact it was not a purple color and I was ready to toss it away when my mother looked at me and said "Oh great! You got a good color for you, it complements your skin tone and looks like your natural lip color!" What! So to see if what she said was true, I wore this look to work, and was complimented by the staff and students alike! Now its my staple color, and I do not leave home without it. Even at my part time job at Hobby Lobby, I got many compliments from my co-workers, management, and customers (especially the nice old ladies! Men didn't seem to like it though!).

I do recommend buying Airborne Unicorn if you have my coloration for a nice work appropriate attire, otherwise the color will come out a creamy purple, but hey! either way it is still pretty!


~Don't mind the hair!

I'll post other tutorials on different work appropriate makeup with bright pigments. Now off to do other things that do not involve blogging! More tomorrow on my other Lime Crime's Lipsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment