Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lime Crime's Candyfuture Lipstick Collection

For kind of a brief history on my interest in Lime Crime Makeup, it started back late 2008 when on my deviant art account, I was following the exploits and photography of a fetish model named Miss Mosh!

I was enamored by her photos, and the way she took on different persona's in the photography. I was also enamored by her makeup. I had always been into makeup but I was too afraid to try anything bright or out there for fear of others laughing at me, and she captivated me to no extent. I then noticed her referring to a makeup company called Lime Crime Makeup. I was quite intrigued because each color was very bright, and it rivaled my long time love Urban Decay (I had a love hate relationship with Urban Decay, because I tried to get those bold colors on my olive skin tone, and it would take me several applications to get that color).

Upon asking her several questions regarding the company, I had decided to go ahead and purchase several colors, those being limited edition colors that I had no clue how to use, due to the fact that they were pigments, and I was used to pressed eye-shadows. So off to the interwebs I went, and found the Blog of the creator Xenia, or better known as Doe Deere and her Blogazine. I found so many makeup tutorials, articles on life, and inspirations, I was hooked! I had finally found a place where it was alright to be a beginner in makeup application and not feel ashamed. Shortly there after, I became a fan of Youtube Videos that regarded similar help.

I started buying her colors, completely impressed with all the impact, and started mixing these colors with urban decay's and was just in color heaven! My boyfriend noticed a direct confidence change to the point that I was wearing my Pirate Coat to a Harry Potter premiere with my Voldemort wand in my boot! My wardrobe even changed to more colorful (and less cartoony) representation of who I was. I was a different person, and definitely for the better.

~Left to Right: Styletto, Centrifuchsia, My Beautiful Rocket, Airborne Unicorn
Great Pink Planet

When her CandyFuture Lipsticks came out, I was seriously in need of a lipstick makeover, since the only color I wore was Clinique's Tenderheart, and enjoyed it for the fact that it matched my lip color to a T. That was pretty much it, I was too afraid to take my lips to the next level like I did with my eyes, but then I saw it, a color I have worshiped since the day I was born. A color that has stormed my closet, and accessories for years, a color that I had wanted for my Quincenera, but my mother told me no. It was a beautiful orange lipstick named My Beautiful Rocket! I HAD to buy it, and since Halloween was coming up, I decided to buy Syletto, a beautiful opaque black lipstick! Several months later, thinking I needed some softer colors on my lipstick pallet, I then purchased three more lipsticks: Airborne Unicorn, Great Pink Planet, and Centrifuchsia. And these colors astounded me!

~See the nice pretty Tubes!!!



So below are my reviews for each lipstick I purchased, and again please disregard the photography:

~ Airborne Unicorn


The color is bold, and applies smoothly from the tube, and it even smells good (though my boyfriend hates the smell and thinks cookies are being made!). I know that due to its high pigmentation, the color does stain your lips, which I do not have a problem with, to some people that is a downer. My one notation though, is that on fair skinned women it does come out a nice creamy purple, on my warm skin tone, it either comes out neon purple (under florescent lighting), or a nice pink with purple tint (In natural or Incandescent Lighting). Now when I first put it on, I was a bit disappointed, now its my staple color, and I do not leave home without it and I wear it to school all the time. Even at my part time job at Hobby Lobby, I got many compliments from my co-workers, management, and customers (especially the nice old ladies! Men didn't seem to like it though!).




~Centrifuchsia Lipstick

Centrifuchsia is described as "Fuchsia, amplified to a cosmic degree!" This picture does not do the color justice. On my warm skin tone, this is a great out there color. Comes off even deeper than the picture shown and the one on the website! I love this color, and purchased it to be an everyday wear (because most colors come off lighter on my skin tone), and I was so wrong. I think I've worn it out when I'm not at school subbing, or at HobbyLobby, and I've gotten so many compliments on it! Its very creamy, smells great, and the color applies evenly and so bold! I'm not the greatest lipstick applicator, and I do end up smudging it (as seen above) but I do love this color, and I'm working on an 80's throwback shoot with this color. This is for those who want that great 80's neon color, or for a seductive pout.




~Great Pink Planet


Great Pink Planet is described as "Bright pastel pink; think strawberry milkshake in a tube." It is true, I did think of it as strawberry milkshakes, and I wanted to taste the strawberry. It is bright, but on medium toned skin, it washes out, and looks like a normal lip color. Then again, on my fair colored friend, she walked around HobbyLobby proclaiming that she was the Milkshake Goddess! So it really depends on your lip color. I have though, mixed this with Airborne Unicorn, and came to get a great pinky purple lip color that reminded me of that purple color from Cat In the Hat! Overall, it was even, but shown was over lip balm, and it wasn't staying very well, but not all lip colors work like others. I'm not a big fan of the pink on me, but I do use it when I need a very neutral/mild lip tone. Great for those who love Strawberry Shortcake!





~My Beautiful Rocket

Ok, before I start, I LOVE ORANGE! Orange is one of those colors that you just identify with and love from the very second you see it! With that said, My Beautiful Rocket is described as "Pure luminous orange without those annoying red undertones! Made after my grandmother Lyudmila, whose signature lipstick in her youth was bright tangerine!" Now the picture does not do this lipstick justice. As much as this color does not match skin tone at all, it does produce a beautiful orange with no reds in it. It is PURE orange...or however that works out! I love this color. One notation, it does not apply well with lip balm, so while you put on your makeup make sure you have lip balm on, and wipe off before applying this lipstick. On that note, it does not hold well with gloss (I use Urban Decay XXX Shine Cooling Lip Gloss because of its thick texture and cooling tendencies. YOu need it if you live in Houston!). On that note, it is a good buy for orange lovers like I! Or for those who want a quirky lipstick that will go well for almost every ensemble!



~Styletto

Syletto is described as "Luscious, creamy black that gives you 100% coverage right out of the tube!" And that is the truth. It does come off a nice creamy black (the image does not do it justice!) and is probably the hardest lipstick to own. I always keep smudging it over my lips (as viewed above) and even though it is a long lasting lip color, you do have to re apply every now and then because of smudging! I love this color due to the fact that there is a black out there that you don't have to put 10,000 layers on to get that color! Its one swipe of inky black and you're done. Unless you're me, and end up smudging the whole thing! Aside from that, this is great with gloss, but then again, I think my gloss might be too thick for the pigment due to the fact it does run off! I do reccomend using a black lip/eye liner for the job (I use Hot Topic's lip/eye pencils for the color and their wear!).


Hope this helps in choosing some of LimeCrime's lipsticks! Until I get a new camera, I'll post better images!

With the Warmest Regards,

The Oracle of Dreams

1 comment:

  1. Hi darling these are wonderful reviews! You're so lucky to have so many lippies with you, I only tried the Centrifuchsia and liked it very much :)

    Hope all is well with you,

    much love,
    Glendy <3

    ReplyDelete