Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon Review

The movie for today is:


I'll have to say, I loved this movie, it was a beautiful story about acceptance, learning, and not everything is written in stone. This movie is about a boy name Hiccup (don't ask, its something about how if you have an ugly name it'll put fear into your enemies) who is a Viking, where they have interesting pests, and not bugs or rats, but Dragons.

Here Hiccup is the odd ball out, he does not fit in with his other Viking brethren and he's more of a thinker than a fighter, and he really wants to be seen as a full fledged Viking. Through the movie, he realizes that he should accept the fact that he really is a thinker, and that dragons are not all they are cracked up to be.

Completely honest, this movie had me on the floor laughing, because Toothless' movement was very reminiscent of a ferret. His mannerisms, his movement, and the way he bobbed his head all reminded me of my baby Dagger. Again, if you own a ferret, you'll understand this amusement. By the end of the movie, I was itching to pick up my baby and just snuggle his tiny body, because I just missed holding him. Dork I know!

The movie had a good many laughs, lots of jokes for adults, and an eye catching 3-D spectacular show! I love this movie and will buy it when it comes out.

If you're a person who loves the fantastic, the bold and beautiful, you'll love this movie. Children especially love this movie!

Overall Rating: A

Much love,

The Oracle of Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment